Seniors who want to help their community
Habitat for Humanity is built on the concept of people working together to provide needed housing in the Mt Washington Valley. This includes:
* Homeowners putting in “sweat equity”
* Volunteers helping to build the housing
* Local businesses providing materials, financial support etc.
* Community members providing financial contribution
Senior citizens can help by considering a charitable IRA Rollover gift that has the following qualifications for tax benefits:
* the contributor must be 70 1/2 at the time a gift is made
* the transfer must come directly from the IRA administrator to Habitat for Humanity
* the gift must be outright
* will count toward your 2013 required IRA minimum distribution
* will be tax-free
* will be excluded from your 2013 income
* may offer relief from new tax rules for 2013 and
* will allow Habitat for Humanity to provided needed housing for your community
Specific tax questions should be referred to your tax advisor. Contact us for more information.